At Destination Napa Valley, we believe that a truly memorable wine tour should be tailored to match the clients wishes and desires. Meeting and exceeding your expectation is our goal. Here’s how we do it:
Step 1 – Introduction
First things first – book your flight and secure your hotel. Once this step is complete, we can start the fun part. We can help recommending hotels and secure reservations as we know them all!
The second step in planning a great wine tour is to understand what our clients want. With over 450 wineries in the Napa Valley and over 425 in Sonoma County for tasting, dozens of world-class restaurants along with other attractions, understanding your expectations are crucial:
- Have you been to the valley before, if yes, a few highlights/lowlights?
- Any newbies in your group?
- Are you a collector?
- Do you have a wine cellar?
- What’s your comfort zone for bottle price? $50, $75, $125, $300!
- Are you tasting only?
- Are you celebrating a special event?
- Is this a business trip?
- Any dietary restrictions?
- Is this a proposal?
When we chat, we establish a nice understanding and expectation for both sides.
Step 2 – Create Custom Itinerary
Creating a personalized itinerary is where Destination Napa Valley stands out. After the vetting process, the magic begins!
- Curate itinerary with guests’ bucket list wineries or create based on Tom’s recommendations
- Email guest an approved, fully confirmed itinerary
- Make changes as necessary
- Finalize itinerary
Count the days down before guests arrive
Step 3 – Tour Day
We have a date. We have a plan. Now it’s time to enjoy! Here’s what happens on your wine tour day:
- Point person will receive a text the evening before and a text an hour before pick-up
- We pick you up at agreed upon location
- Enjoy the day
Drop off at agreed upon location, hotel or restaurant.
9:30 am Pick up
10:00 am Winery #1
11:30 am Winery #2
1:00 pm Lunch or picnic
2:30 pm Winery #3
4:00 pm Winery #4 (optional)
TBD pm Drop off